Friday, June 28, 2019

Italian Stuffed Peppers

I have made several types of stuffed peppers and today I'm calling them Italian stuffed peppers because my seasoning is very similar to my recipe for homemade ravioli for the exception I am using ground sausage as my main ingredient.
I served this meal with brown rice as a side.
10/20/13 original




1 lb. approx. sweet Italian ground sausage (remove casing if using link sausage)
1 med. onion finely grated
3 T. canola oil
1 cup baby spinach broke in pieces
1/2 cup Italian cheese grated
1/2 cup breadcrumbs
1 egg beaten
1 large can tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes. 





Saute sausage and onion  in 1 T olive oil and break into small pieces while cooking.  Drain excess grease if necessary.

Remove from heat add spinach, Italian grated cheese and breadcrumbs.  Stir. Add beaten egg and mix to blend.. Cool. 

Remove center from 4 small to medium size green peppers.  Rinse well.  Fill each pepper with sausage mixture.  

In a large deep pot add 2 T canola oil.  Brown filled  peppers slightly.  Add 1 large can tomato sauce, a little salt, pepper and garlic if necessary.Cook on medium to low heat covered until peppers are tender.  Enjoy!







No comments: