Thursday, June 27, 2019

Broccoli Bacon Slaw

I don't like to waste anything if possible so today when I decided to make Broccoli and Pasta Aglio E Olio (pasta with garlic and oil)..I used the stalks (cleaning them well and cutting them in cubes)..You can grate the stalks on a cheese grater as well, using the large section to grate.  I decided to use the chopper and my slaw is very fine and that's OK with me..

Hubby likes the larger slaw!  Here's my recipe..Hope you enjoy it!  Making burgers on the grill..Chips and this slaw as a side..Happy Cooking!

10/18/11



4 stalks broccoli stems (grated as you do for regular coleslaw)You can add some pieces of the flowers to it after you have grated it. (small pieces)...
1 slice red onion chopped
1 small carrot grated
Pinch salt
2 + tablespoons Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/4  to 1/2 tsp. sugar (depending on your taste buds)
2 tablespoons Bacon Bits (I used Hormel Real Bacon Bits)

Grate broccoli, carrot and onion.  add sugar, salt  and salad dressing..Add bacon bits..Refrigerate until ready to use..

Note you can chop ingredients or use a food processor depending on time.

From my kitchen to yours,


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure always have intersting recipes;))