Monday, January 7, 2019

Cheeseburger Casserole, My Way


Hi and a very good day to you!

I like easy meals and I know you do too so I decided to put a spin on a recipe that looked good for one or two exceptions so I made it my way.  I hope you enjoy it too!



   Ingredients :                                     1 lb. 80% ground beef
1 medium onion sliced thin
1/2 cup ketchup
1 cup Bisquick
1 1/2 cups shredded cheese(Cheddar, American, Provolone)

1 cup milk
1 egg
  
Beat egg with whisk, add milk and Bisquick and set aside.

Note: I have seen recipes similar using Tater Tots on the top layer but I am not fond of them and I think having the bisquick is enough of starch. IMO You can use them as you want just increase the liquid to 1 1/2 cup milk and add another egg.

Spray a 13 x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.  In a separate pan saute beef, sliced onions, salt and pepper until meat is no longer pink. Drain if necessary. 











  Place cooked beef mixture in bottom of baking dish.  Top with spoons of  ketchup randomly over beef.  Top with shredded cheese and then pour liquid over top making sure to cover as much as possible.  Sprinkle a little more cheese of top and bake 400 degrees approximately 20 to 25 minutes or until browned nicely on top.
Note:  I had a few slices of white American cheese I added too.

Cool for ten minutes and cut in squares or spoon onto individual plates.

It definitely looks and tastes like a cheeseburger.  Great recipe!




No comments: