Monday, January 7, 2019

Shrimp Salad with spring pea mix!

 ****Short cut recipe: 
I bought cooked shrimp, used dried dill, frozen snow peas and regular potatoes. Seasoned as the recipe called for but I halved the recipe..Watch amount of onion!  I refrigerated shrimp salad and served over room temperature pea mix.  


Original recipe:


Here is a new salad for you salad lovers!  I came across this recipe in  Good Housekeeping and was very anxious to try it.  I adapted it to our liking as many that I post. (I make note when I have changed or added something different in the recipe).  It suggests serving it warm but I chose to refrigerate the salad mix and place my warmed peas and snow peas around it when I served it. (I didn't have any sugar snap peas so I substituted)...Hubby loved it and so did I!!!

Place your eggs in a single layer on the bottom of your pot and cover with cold water. The water should be about an inch or so higher than the eggs. Cover the pot with a lid.
Note: after my eggs came to a rolling boil I covered them and allowed them to remain in water for 15 minutes.

6/23/14


The picture in the magazine looked great and it pulled me to try it.  That is usually why I like to post pictures to tempt you!   I decided this might be a good Spring salad to make for our main course today.  A picture speaks a 1,000 words.  Enjoy!  * I don't see why chicken couldn't be substituted if you don't care for shrimp.



Here is the recipe as listed in the magazine (I halved it for two) and did it my way!

12 large eggs
1 lemon
3 sprigs fresh dill (I used dried)
12 oz. shelled large shrimp(cooked shelled and De veined)
12 oz. Yukon gold potatoes , scrubbed and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups frozen peas
12 oz. sugar snap peas strings removed and halved
1 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek yogurt)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
3 stalks celery finely chopped
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons olive oil

Cover eggs with water and heat to boiling; remove from heat at let stand 5 minutes. 

Place potatoes in water  and cook until tender.  Drain well.  In a medium pot (3 qt) bring water to boil add snap peas and frozen peas..(I used frozen for both)  Cook 2 minutes until bright green in color, drain.

In  large bowl, whisk yogurt, mustard, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper.  Add hot potatoes , onion, celery, shrimp, eggs and dill..Fold gently until well combined.

In another bowl, whisk vinegar, oil, remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper.  All all peas and remaining dill.  Toss until well coated.  Spoons shrimp salad into center of serving platter, then spoon pea mixture all around.  Garnish with reserved egg quarters.  Serve immediately.



Rinse eggs under cold water until cool enough to handle.  Peel and cut in quarters.  Set aside

Squeeze 3 tablespoons juice from lemon and sprinkle on top of salad.
 










 


*All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook ©2012, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

6/8/12


No comments: