Saturday, December 29, 2018

Pork and Sauerkraut

New updated photo! Delish!




When it comes to food, tradition plays a big part in most of the dishes I prepare.  Pork is probably my favorite white meat and always has been so making a meal like this is right up my alley as Mom would say.  If you have never heard that expression it's an oldie from long ago. 

This meal is crockpot friendly.   Here's my recipe.

3 lb. pork butt or loin
1-8 oz. Tomato sauce
1 can water 
salt, pepper and onion powder
1 large can sauerkraut (rinsed and drained)

Place above in crockpot on low and simmer for 5 or 6 hours or pork is tender. Delish!!

Serve with mashed potatoes or fresh bread.  (I opt for the potatoes). Yummy!







12/31/14


2 comments:

Zaza said...

Wow, I love sauerkraut! It looks delicious :)
Happy New Year!

M. J. Vitelli said...

I do too!! Happy New year!