Thursday, January 3, 2019

Pork Medallions with Mango/Pear chutney

I tried to make this week menu light and easy. I decided if I was going to cook while here in Florida the recipe had to be super easy.  There is an abundance of fruit and veggies here so I may as well make good use of my time here in the sunshine state,

When I went to the grocery store last weekend I had decided I was going to make this easy WW recipe so I made note of what I needed to buy and did so. Other than having some difficulty finding the mango chutney it was a breeze.  I did buy some fresh ginger since it was in a handy spot in the veggie section of the store. This meal could be easily prepared in less than an hour.

When buying the pork take advantage of the packaged pork tenderloins.  There are usually two in a package.  Some are seasoned and some are not. Make sure you buy the unseasoned ones and wrap the other for the freezer for later use.  Great value!

Enjoy!




3/4 lb. pork tenderloin trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
2 T. olive oil
2 firm-ripe pears, peeled, cored and halved and chopped
2 tsp. grated fresh ginger (dried is fine but cut back on the amount)
1/4 cup mango chutney(I added a little more)
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth





Sprinkle the pork with salt and pepper.  Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in skillet over medium high heat.  Add the pork and cook until browned and cooked through.  Set aside and cover to keep warm.

Add the remaining 1 tsp. oil to skillet.  Add pears and ginger, stirring until pears are tender and golden.  Stir in chutney and broth.  Bring to a boil, scraping up browned bits from bottom of pan.  Cook until sauce thickens slightly.  Spoon the chutney over pork and serve with a salad or rice.


Easy Peazy!


From my kitchen to yours,



3/28/14
1/14/15
4/28/18





No comments: