Monday, June 18, 2018

Chocolate zucchini bread

 

A wonderful recipe!  I had to re-post and share.

I have been seeing so many chocolate zucchini bread recipes being posted that I decided to give this one a try. My sister in law has one with coconut added in it but I felt that I wanted try this one I found online minus coconut. If you are a chocolate LOVER you will LOVE this bread for sure!!:)

  It's a first time for the I like to bake and cook lady to make a chocolate bread with zucchini in it.    My opinion on this bread was that not only was this bread, moist, tender, sweet, "chocolately" and had some chocolate chips in it too it wasn't overly sweet. Also when you bite into it you get a little bit of the chocolate pieces in almost every bite.  It is one of the best for sure!!  Enjoy! :)


I must have eaten 4 pieces.  I couldn't stop!!


A great cake to use plentiful zucchini


My helpful grandson


Oh so good chocolate chips


It was easy to remove from the pan.


Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M.J.




Chocolate Zucchini Bread from One Ordinary Day
Ingredients
1 & 1/2 Cups Shredded Zucchini
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup high quality Unsweetened Cocoa Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash of salt
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Cup Canola Oil
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup packed Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
3/4 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup Coconut (optional)


Directions
In a mixer, combine your oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix in your eggs and shredded zucchini. In a separate bowl, sift together your flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly add this dry mixture into your wet mixture. Beat until combined. Mix in your chocolate chips.
Scrape your batter into a greased 9x5x3 loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 50-65 minutes, or until done.

Oh my! Heavenly!!! yum




8/3/12 original 
7/26/13 

  

All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

No comments: