Thursday, March 8, 2018

Cheesecake of all cheesecake recipe..."Aunt Alda's" Cheesecake recipe + Cool Gift #10

Many years ago this recipe was handed down to me by my favorite aunt on my hubby's side also known as "Aunt Alda". She is smiling down from heaven knowing that I am continuing the Christmas tradition making her recipe. xo


Here is a recipe that my hubby's aunt gave me many years ago and it is the best!!

I have a few of Aunt Alda's recipes and today I would like to share her cheesecake recipe.  You can follow this as I have before with success or try it my way.  I decided this was a good time to try it with a different twist.  I will post the recipe as the original. :  Enjoy!  


Happy Baking


2– 8 oz. Pkg. Cream cheese softened
1 lb. Ricotta
1 ½ cups sugar
1 stick margarine (I use butter)
5 eggs
1 large container sour cream (15 oz.)
3 tablespoons cornstarch
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 tablespoons lemon juice

Cream butter, sugar and cream cheese.  Add Ricotta and 5 eggs.. Add cornstarch, flour and sour cream beating well after each addition.  Add vanilla and lemon juice to mixture beating well until all is blended..  Butter spring form pan and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.. Pour mixture slowly into pan and bake 325 approx. 1 hour 10 minutes..  You can  use a 9” springform pan or larger..Cool on wire rack.. Serve alone or with favorite topping. I have made this recipe with success as is but wanted to change it a bit so I did the following:









Note: I wanted to add a little twist to Aunt Alda’s recipe so I separated my eggs, beat the egg whites separately and added them to the mixture at the very end, hoping to get a lighter cheesecake.  I also used  butter instead of margarine in my recipe and used a cooking spray to coat pan before sprinkling with the graham cracker crumbs.  My final opinion is stick to Aunt Alda's way of making this cheesecake. My way was a little too soft but very light so if you like soft and light make it my way but if you like dense cheesecake make it Aunt Alda's way.  To make sure your cheesecake is set leave the cheesecake in your refrigerator overnight before you take it out of the spring form pan.  Happy Baking!







Cool Gift #10 

Salt and Pepper Grinders!!!  Mine are battery operated and light.   Really cool!

I love these..I bought them on overstock.com for $19.99


From my happy kitchen with love,




10/1/11 original 
8/21/14

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Alda sure know her cheescake.Great recepie;))

Gerry @Foodness Gracious said...

I love cheesecake! and the pic of it in the oven looks great..
Take care,

Christine's Pantry said...

Great recipe. Yum!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Thanks for commenting..The cheesecake was light and wonderful..We didn't even use any topping..

M. J. Vitelli said...

and I did leave it in my refrigerator overnight to set..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and Thanks For.Sharing

M. J. Vitelli said...

You are very welcome!

Anonymous said...

Love the comments

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing! Making this for the Holidays! 💗

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing. Making this soon for company that’s coming for a visit. EXCITING