Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Creamy chicken Cutlets over wild rice

Boneless Chicken Breasts are so versatile.  You can make so many different type meals. There's Chicken romano, chicken scampi, chicken parmesan, lemon chicken and the list goes on and on.  I could and have created many meals using chicken breasts so I always and I mean always purchase several when they are on sale and as a smart shopper you should too.  They're so handy.  




A few weeks ago boneless chicken breasts were on sale so I stocked up and before I froze them I made several cutlets and breaded them for later use.  Sometimes it's an effort to do it but in the long run it's always  life saver.  As in today. I was not feeling too good. A headache has been hanging on and  pestering me for days .  I took a few breaded cutlets out last night and put them in the refrigerator so this turned out to be an easy to make meal.


1 lb. Chicken breasts boneless
3/4 cup Bread crumbs
Salt, pepper, parsley
1 egg and 1 T water beaten
1 box  Uncle Bens wild rice made according to directions




Whisk egg, water, salt , pepper and parsley. Dip chicken in egg and then coat evenly with bread crumbs.




In a medium skillet place vegetable oil.  Set temperature on medium heat.  Fry chicken on both sides until browned. Remove from heat.  Just cook until browned. It will cook in oven. Cook rice according to directions.



Before I placed the rice in my baking pan I took a little out to see how it would taste without the cream sauce.  Either way is good. Very moist and tender.


Place cooked wild rice in deep baking dish.  Top with chicken. Add sauce and cover. Bake 30 minutes. Remove cover bake 5 to 10 minutes more if necessary.

Enjoy!


Sauce
1 T butter melted
1 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup heavy cream

Melt butter, add chicken broth, Pinch salt and pepper . Add heavy cream and simmer for a few minutes. Pour over chicken and cover.. Bake 350 degrees approximately 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 5 to 7 minutes. I served mine with peas and applesauce.





No comments: