Sunday, February 25, 2018

Italian pasta sauce: A personal opinion



A Blessed Sunday to everyone.

On occasion I get asked why I don’t add oregano or different herbs to my pasta sauce.  Truth be told is that authentic pasta sauce uses basic seasonings. Garlic, basil, salt,pepper and olive oil.  Visiting our family in Italy I watched my relatives cook.  They never added anything in the spice area other than what I use. They said Americans Americanize it with heavy seasonings.  I’m guessing it’s what you get used to 😊. Of course they also use their garden fresh tomatoes which I only use on occasion.

Try your hand on a pasta sauce with basic ingredients. It's the best way to make quick and easy sauce.

Fresh ingredients, limited spices and herbs, and when in season fresh tomatoes. You can't go wrong.
You can find my easy recipes for various versions of my pasta sauce under labels on the right side of the blog.

Enjoy!  












No comments: