Monday, February 26, 2018

Lemon Meringue Mini pies! It's National Pie Day!!




Sharing one easy and so yummy pie selection for National  Pie Day.  Check out the label section ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR OF THE BLOG under Pies for lots more.

Have a great day and MAKE A PIE!



I came across this recipe that was sent to me from Pillsbury.  I love Pillsbury products especially their pie crust so this recipe intrigued me to say the least.  My daughter and I love Lemon Meringue Pie so this is my treat to her and me too!  So Cute!!















1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
3/4 cup lemon curd (from 10 oz. jar)
12 large fresh raspberries
1/4 cup egg whites from carton or 2 large egg whites
1/4 cup cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
2 T sugar

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Unroll pie crust on work surface and flatten slightly with rolling pin
Using a 3" round cutter (I used a 3" tea cup), cut 12 rounds.

Invert mini muffin cup pan.  Place each crust round over bottom of 12 cups.  Press and pinch dough to form cup.  Prick bottom and sides with for and bake 8 to 10 minutes until lightly golden brown.

Place shells inside mini muffin cups(they will not fit but sit fine on top.  Place 1 raspberry in bottomof each shell.

In small microwaveable bowl, microwave lemon curd uncovered on high 45 to 60 seconds or until hot.
Stir until smooth and  place 1 T lemon curd over raspberry.

Reduce temperature to 35 degrees.  In a small deep bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar an vanilla with electric mixer about 1 minute or until soft peaks.  Add sugar and beat until sugar is dissolved.  Spoon meringue onto hot lemon filling; spread to edge of crust to seal well and prevent shrinkage.


Bake 350 degrees 8 to 10 minutes or until meringue is light golden brown.  Cool completely, about 1 hr.  Refrigerate until filling is set, about 1 hour. Store in refrigerator.






Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,




1/23/16
2/26/18

No comments: