Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Marinara with Gnocchi and Peas: One of my favorite food memories

I love this meal!

I'll start this blog post by saying I love peas and have eaten peas and sauce since I was a little girl.  I don't know how it started but it has become one of my famous all time early food memories.

Till this day my hubby teases me about it.  He had never heard of this dish or would have ever been tempted to eat it.  He is basic Italian and peas are not a part of any of his early food memories. lol

My Mom would make her homemade (meat sauce)every week and with the leftover sauce I would add some drained canned peas and along with a slice of bread or two this was a favorite meal of mine.

Not everyone loves peas but for those of you who do, this is relatively easy to make.  I used my homemade marinara sauce but jarred sauce can be used as well and today I decided to add some bought De Cecco gnocchi which really added to this dish.  







All it takes to make this easy meal is:

1 pkg. De Cecco Gnocchi (17.5 oz)
1 qt. Marinara sauce or desired sauce
1 pkg.. Steamfresh frozen peas (cook according to directions) Canned peas can be used (drain)
Pecorino Romano cheese

Cook gnocchi according to directions.  Drain.  Microwave peas.  Heat sauce. Add gnocchi and peas. Toss with sauce and add fresh Pecorino Romano Cheese.  Serve with Salad. 

Enjoy!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours









6/29/12 
3/6/13
2/18/14

2 comments:

Carolina HeartStrings said...

Yum. Love the addition of peas. What a co-incidence - we posted a "Cheater's Gnocchi" on Monday. It's a real short cut to making them from scratch. BTW, we are fellow UBC bloggers, Tammie & Alessa.

M. J. Vitelli said...

I'll have to check it out..Thanks for commenting :)