Thursday, December 7, 2017

Peanut Butter Cup Fudge


Truth be told I saw this recipe on Facebook and it really had me craving chocolate and peanut butter so yep I made it.

I'm a little down but not out today so having a bit of chocolate to boost my moral is a good thing.  Maybe not for the calories but some good chocolate does make me happy.

This recipe was easy...simple and only 3 ingredients were the original recipe.  I decided to mix up the morsels and do half milk chocolate and half semi sweet.  Quite honestly I was concerned it may be too sweet!  LOL  so if you want to do it their way use all milk chocolate morsels.  Also I used smaller peanut butter cups so I had a thicker layer of peanut butter so it may not look as good as theirs but mine was fine for us.

Their peanut butter cups were larger in size and with the larger ones the peanut butter layer is much thinner. You decide.  





1& 1/2 cup milk chocolate morsels
1 &1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate morsels
1 can sweetened condensed milk
40 + small peanut butter cups or 25 large peanut butter cups

Line a baking dish with aluminum foil( my pan was 8 1/2 x 11) Press down and push foil into sides.  Allow some foil to extend over ends.  Note  It will allow you to remove it easily.





In a microwave safe bowl place chocolate chips and can of condensed milk. Stir and then place in microwave. Cook on high in 30 second intervals carefully stirring as not to burn. If not completely melted microwave again for an additional 10 second or until all mixes together. Mine took 40 seconds and they blended perfectly while stirring briskly.

Place on top of foil,  peanut butter cups enough to fill the whole bottom of pan.  Top with melted chocolate and spread on top of peanut butter cups.  Allow to cool completely.  Then refrigerate at least 3 to 4 hours.  Remove from refrigerator and allow to set for 5 minutes.  Turn over, remove foil and cut into squares with large knife. Enjoy!  










4/23/16


No comments: