Thursday, December 7, 2017

Andes Creme de Menthe Cookie Bars

An older but a goodie. My recipes are timeless. Make some memories. Enjoy!


Andes mints are my youngest grandson's all time favorite candy I buy them especially for him so  I'm thinking he'll love these cookies that have Andes mint morsels in them.   I have always called him Andy so in honor of this sweetie who is excelling in baseball I thought I'd make some cookie bars.  The recipe on Andes bag said they were cookies so I wanted to make it a bit easier so I made them bar cookies. I am going to add a topping of melted chocolate morsels after the bars are thoroughly baked.  Actually I'm going to add the morsels to the bar while they are still hot and spread the melted morsels over the bar.

Iced


Plain

Spread morsels on while still hot.


Here's the cookie recipe.  I'll show a picture of my bars baked and iced.

 
Andes crème de Menthe Cookies

½ stick butter softened
¾ cup dark brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 pkg.. (10 oz.) Andes Crème de Menthe baking chips
2-2/3 cups sifted flour
3/4 cup Hershey chocolate morsels

This recipe was for cookies but I decided to make them into bars.

Blend butter, sugars, baking soda, and baking powder, vanilla and eggs until mixed.  Stir in Andes chips and then flour.

Chill approx. 1 hour in refrigerator,.  Measure out approx. 1 oz. of dough.  Form ball and slightly flatten.  Raise oven rack one level above middle and bake on non stick baking pans.  Bake 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes.  Cool on pan two minutes before removing.

Note:  For the bar recipe I greased a 13 x9 inch baking pan and with a piece of wax paper pressed down to flatten and placed the baking pan in refrigerator for about 50 minutes.  Take out of refrigerator and Bake approx. 25 minutes at 350 degrees. 

After it is baked and out of oven I immediately top with 3/4 cup Hershey Semi Sweet Chocolate morsels.  Wait about 3 minutes and spread over top.(the morsels will melt)  Let completely cool before cutting.  I refrigerated it for 10 minutes after I spread the morsels to set the icing.

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,




7/3/12 original

No comments: