Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Cherry Winks and Thumbprint cookies

I have made Thumbprint cookies dozens of times and my children and grandchildren love them.  This was a first time making Cherry Winks.  I have been told that cherry winks were  my hubby's favorite cookie growing up.  He doesn't remember saying that but said he loves most all cookies which I can say that is true.  He has a major sweet tooth!

If I were to say what truly was his favorite sweet it would be Cream puffs, eclairs and cannoli.   


Cherry Winks on left and Thumbprint on right.



Cherry Winks Recipe




 




Thumbprint Cookies Recipe

1/4 lb. margarine or butter
1/4 cup light brown sugar
Pinch salt
1 egg yolk
Jam or jelly
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sifted flour
1/3 cup finely chopped nuts

Cream margarine, salt, sugar, egg yolk and vanilla.  Gradually stir in flour, blending well.  Working half of the dough at a time, keep remaining portion in refrigerator.  Shape dough I balls, the size of marbles and roll in nuts. Place one inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.  Gently place thumb into center to make indentation.  Fill with favorite  jam or jelly.  Bake 350 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.  Yield 3 dozen cookies.

12/17/13 original 


No comments: