Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Stuffed Pepper Soup! My adapted recipe

It's seems I always have to add my touch to recipes that I come across.  I love stuffed peppers so this stuffed pepper soup really attracted my attention.

I have seen lots of recipes and several have tomato soup added. I don't care for adding tomato soup so the below recipe that I adapted worked to my liking.  Hope you'll try it and let me know your opinion.





 
  • 2 pounds ground beef *(1 1/2 lb.)
  • 2 quarts water (*2 cups)
  • 1 can (28 ounces) tomato sauce( *1 -8 oz.)
  • 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained*( 1-28 oz.crushed tomatoes)
  • 2 cups cooked long grain rice( *1 1/4 cup long grain rice)
  • 2 cups chopped green peppers(*I used green, orange, red and yellow)
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar(*2 T)Note: If you would like it sweeter add 4 T
  • 2 teaspoons salt
  • 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules( *1- 14 oz. beef broth)
  • 1 teaspoon pepper
Directions
  • In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until peppers and rice are tender.  *If soup is too thick add more water to thin.
  •  
  • * the asterisk is my recipe

 
From my kitchen to yours,





 
9/24//2
9-16-13
11/7/16

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I love this soup. Last time I made it I made two errors (pantry related) I used brown rice and a red sweet pepper. Taste was not what I wanted.
Also my recipe did not have the brown sugar. The next time it will. Thanks MJ. Stay warm.

M. J. Vitelli said...

Hoping it works out better for you this time around. Enjoy and you stay warm too! :) M.j.