Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Chicken Lazone

What's better than chicken and pasta?  Nothing IMO but add a white sauce to compliment  the spinach pasta and you have one great meal.

I adapted this recipe from food.com to our liking and did cut back a bit on the chili powder and onion by 1/2 tsp.  I also served it along side Taglierini Spinach Pasta. 




I'm not one for promoting products but I have been buying Priano pasta products and really like them.  I bought them at Aldi's (one very nice store).

This recipe was easy and delicious and my hubby gave it a thumbs up.  It's a quiet Friday night and today was rainy so I decided to give this recipe a try.  I also made a Ricotta Pie which is fabulous.  I'll be posting that soon.  I know you will enjoy this dish but beware it is loaded with calories and fat but hey once in a while I like to splurge and so should you.  Enjoy!  Diabetics be careful of your portions. 


Chicken Lazone

1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
2 lb chicken tenders( I used boneless chicken breasts)
1/4 cup butter, divided
2 cups heavy cream








Combine salt, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper.  Sprinkle over both sides of chicken.


In large saute pan, melt half of the butter over medium-high heat.  Cook the chicken tenders until done, about 8 minutes.

 

Pour the cream and remaining butter into the skillet.  Lower heat  simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-7 minutes.  Serve and chicken and sauce over pasta or mashed potatoes, if desired.


From my kitchen to yours,





11/14/14
8/27/15
9/8/16

No comments: