Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Filled and Rolled Meatloaf with provolone and sliced tomato!

It was one of those days that I didn't have a clue what to make for dinner.  I did have approximately 1 lb. of ground chuck I had bought yesterday so I kind of figured it was going to be a meatloaf kind of meal.  Not the regular meatloaf but something a little different. Yum! 

Check this out!!!



Happy Cooking!

As I scouted my refrigerator the only things I had that seemed remotely doable were shredded provolone and a nice ripe tomato.  So all in all this combo seemed like it may be something enjoyable and it sure was.  It was so good that we nearly ate the whole loaf. A pound isn't a whole lot for two people though so you may want to double the recipe and make two.  It will be easier to roll if you make two l lb. loafs.





Chive mashed potatoes, Diced cucumber and sliced tomato


Ingredients:
1 lb. ground chuck or lean beef
1 medium onion grated (use onion juice too)  My onion was really juicy
1/2 cup garlic bread crumbs
1 egg beaten
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a medium size bowl place meat, onion, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and egg. Mix together, roll into a ball and cover and place in refrigerator for approx. 1 hour.  Meat will roll better when firm.

On a clean surface flatten meat and roll with rolling pin until the size of a large flat round/ oval shape.  I'll show some illustrations.  Place shredded cheese and tomato slices on top (add a little more salt and pepper or Italian seasoning) and roll from widest end to center.

Place in greased bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for approx. 1 hour uncovered or until juices are clear.

From my kitchen to yours,


5/7/13
9/30/16

No comments: