Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Italian Stuffed Shells with Chicken and Spinach

A great holiday suggestion.




If you don't want to make homemade pasta but still want a great meal using chicken this filling is a must try.  My Nana made this filling and used it for her homemade ravioli.  This filling is a nice change from cheese or meat ravioli.  I made the filling and today we had some Jumbo Shells stuffed with chicken and spinach and topped them with my homemade marinara sauce.  Bon Appetit!



February 16,2016 original 

I only topped some of the shells with mozzarella (Watching hubby's low fat diet)



Pulse to coarse consistency

Pulse to finer consistency



1 1/2 lb. cooked chicken( I used chicken breasts)  I boiled them with a bit of salt and let them cool(cut in large pieces)
1/2 cup seasoned or unseasoned bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated cheese (of course I use Pecorino Romano)
1/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen spinach cooked
1 T Olive oil
1 clove minced garlic
1 egg beaten
1 tablespoon water if needed to hold together(you can use chicken broth also)

Pulse all in food processor to the consistency you desire.Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

1 box Jumbo Shells cooked according to directions

Rinse slightly and drain.  Fill and top with fresh marinara sauce or jarred sauce of choice.  Top with grated Pecorino Romano cheese and mozzarella.  Bake 20 to 30 minutes covered.


From my kitchen to yours,



8/30/12