Saturday, March 13, 2021

Baked Steak!

An old favorite!

There are  many favorite recipes I have locked away,  far back in my head and  have forgotten how great they were until I ask myself the question " why haven't I made this recently"?

The truth be told I just keep going, trying to post a lot of my grandma's and mom's recipes and some new recipes that appeal to me.

  Sometimes I forget a favorite meal I made very long ago and haven't made in ages. This meal was a favorite of my father- in -law."Baked Steak"

 A little history on this recipe. Hubby and I (very early in our marriage) lived in an apartment in the same building his Dad   had his business and he would comment to me that he could smell all the wonderful  dishes I would  be cooking.  When I heard that on a lot of days I'd surprise him and drop off a dish for him.  Gosh it made me feel so good!  Having your father-in-law enjoy your food really made me feel wonderful.  He loved everything I would give him but this dish was his favorite. I made it for him now and then, just cause, he was a special man.  When I make this dish I think of him fondly. <3

  If you like steak, an easy recipe, this is a must for you!  Happy Cooking!

1 lb. approximate round steak (cut in medium pieces) I used already sliced round
canola oil
2 cloves minced garlic
1 can tomato paste
3 cans water
salt and pepper
red pepper (if you like it a bit spicy)
1-can 15 oz. Hunts sauce


My hubby's serving!  Mashed potatoes (drizzled with sauce for sure) baby carrots and peas for the side!


In a large pan cook steak until browned in canola oil.  Season with salt, pepper.

In a bowl combine tomato paste, minced garlic and water. Whisking until somewhat blended. Add tomato sauce

Using a 13 x9 inch baking dish place cooked steak.  Add tomato mixture and seal tightly with aluminum foil .

Bake in preheated oven 350 for approximately 1 to 2 hours until meat is tender..Serve with side of choice.. Eliminate potatoes and substitute a salad for a lower calorie meal!

Note:  You can easily double this recipe to serve more people and leftovers are great.  Also doubling paste or adding 1 can sauce will give you more sauce if you like heavy sauce.  I didn't add any basil, or any other extra seasonings but that is an option to your taste buds!



2/29/12 
9/29/13

All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook™ ©2022, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Great recipe! I followed the link from your FB page. I definitely want to try this one day.