Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Another Coconut Macaroon Recipe


Once again I am trying to put together a copykat recipe for macaroons.  Unfortunately as good as these are and as good as all my recipes for macaroons have been (ALL FIVE) I just can't seem to nail my original recipe.  I'll keep working on it until I have exhausted all my avenues.  I will not give up!  I am looking for a light macaroon type cookie.  Lightly sweetened and soft.  

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 5 1/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon almond extract ( I didn't add any almond extract but would have but I was out of it)
  • 4 ounces white or semi-sweet baking chocolate or a combination of both (or almond bark)

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
  2. Stir flour, coconut, and salt. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and both extracts. Stir until combined.
  3. Drop 2 tablespoon balls of dough onto the prepared cookie sheets. These do not spread so you can crowd them close together. Wet your hands slightly and push down any sticking up or out single pieces of coconut as these might burn.
  4. Bake for about 11 minutes, until the bottoms are golden and the tops start to turn the tiniest bit golden. Cool completely before eating or dipping.
  5. To dip: melt chocolate according to package directions. I like to melt my chocolate on 50% power in 30 second increments, stirring after each, until it’s melted and smooth. Add a teaspoon of vegetable oil or crisco if needed to get it to melt smoother. Dip the bottoms or tops of each macaroon in chocolate. Let dry. Tip: don’t refrigerate or you’ll get the condensation marks!

I did not coat these macaroons with chocolate.

Less fuss still yummy!

Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours,


No comments: