Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanksgiving 2016

 Great Family Memories last a lifetime!  Enjoy each other!! 

It's been a good day. Our blessings are plenty.  A very Happy Thanksgiving!

The day started out a little on the messy side and it wasn't just the weather.  I attempted to have my first cup of coffee as I usually do and bumped the chair I sit in and all the coffee spilled all over the table and down to the floor.  Thankfully more on the the table than floor.

When something like that happens I didn't know what way to go first so I ran to get paper towels and a garbage can. I had books and of course there was a lamp on the table so needless to say it was a real mess.  I did manage to clean it all and it was back to normal in no time.  Pouring another cup and eating some cookies was how I had intended the morning to start so I was able to get back on the right track after I cleaned it all and although it was a blunder on my part I recovered nicely. LOL

We were eating at our daughter and son in laws today and Susan really put out a great spread.  Plenty of turkey, stuffing,candied sweet potatoes, mashed sweet and regular potatoes, corn and corn pudding, carrots and cranberry sauce.  OH and warm dinner rolls.  All I needed to bring with me were a few desserts.  We actually don't really get into dessert for Thanksgiving because food comes first and by the time it's dessert time we are still full.  Our desserts for Thanksgiving aren't quite as much as Christmas.  This year I made my usual pizzelles and Italian cookies and Susan bought a pumpkin cheesecake. I have learned over the years that unless you have several hours between your meal and your dessert it is a waste of time and money having too many desserts.

Our dinner was wonderful and very peaceful with light conversation and some humor.  A little laughter is good and the boys sure know how to get us laughing.



























Happy Thanksgiving from my family to yours,



Post a Comment