Monday, May 27, 2019

Soup's On: Easy Baked Potato Soup

 

My third day of posting soup!  There must be something in the air.  I LOVE Soup!!  How about you?

This recipe has to be one of the easiest soup recipes and it has to be one of my favorites.  I love potatoes and when I saw this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook I just had to make it.  I've made other potato soup recipes but this took little time and basic ingredients..(I had the evaporated milk and potatoes).   Enjoy!  Happy Cooking!

1/4 cup butter
1/4 chopped onion
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 can 14 oz. chicken broth( low sodium if available)
1 can 12 oz. Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 or 3 medium baking potatoes(baked or microwaved)Note: I microwaved them)
salt and pepper to taste
4 bacon strips (I used  Hormel real bacon bits)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
3 tablespoons sliced green onion optional

**Note:  I haven't tried this but if you would like to try it a bit healthier you can cut back on the butter to 2 T , use fat free cheese and milk and eliminate the bacon bits.

From my kitchen to yours,

 
M.J.








Cut up the other leaving skin on if you so desire



Topped with cheese, bacon and scallion..Delish!!!!!


Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.  Add onion, cook for about 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
Stir in flour. Gradually stir in broth and evaporated milk.  Scoop potato pulp from one potato, mash.  Add pulp to broth mixture.

Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until mixture just comes to a boil.  Dice remaining potato skin and potatoes; add to soup..Heat through.  Season with salt and pepper.. Top with bacon, cheese and green onion..  Serves 4  Note: We used it as a meal..  It is filling  but add a small salad if you desire.  Happy Cooking!



9/17/12

All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.

3 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

What a beautiful and warm soup!

M.J. said...

Thanks for commenting! Now that cool weather is on the way..I'm thinking warm and cozy and soup is on the menu!

Whats Cookin Italian Style Cuisine said...

This looks delicious I have been looking for an easy baked potato soup this is itlooks great!