Monday, May 27, 2019

Whoopie Pie Cake

I was craving cake and this recipe looked easy enough. Chocolate cake, creamy filling that will seep over and out the edges..........with a top that's frosted.

Oh my this will certainly satisfy my craving for sure. A Giant Size Whoopie Pie...

After looking through my pantry I couldn't find a Devil's Food Cake mix but I did have a German Chocolate cake mix so I decided it would be fine.  No running out to the store for me.  Leg is still hurting and the weather is nasty so it will do...  It's a lighter chocolate in color cake but I thought I'd frost it  with homemade darker chocolate frosting.  I'm only going to frost the top so the amount below was enough for the top.  If you want to frost the whole cake then double the frosting recipe.  Enjoy!

I'm feeling really good about this cake....YUMMY!


8/22/16






Whoopie Pie Cake

1 chocolate cake mix prepared according to box directions and pour into prepared two 9 inch cake pans and bake for time specified on box.

*I used a German Chocolate Cake mix
Homemade frosting or
1 can milk chocolate frosting(optional)

Filling::
1- 8 oz cream cheese softened
4 T butter softened
2 1/2 cups confectionery sugar
1 -8 oz tub cool whip thawed





Using an electric mixer Blend cream cheese and butter until smooth, add confectionery sugar and mix well.  Fold in cool whip then refrigerate.


After cakes have baked allow them to cool completely.  

Once cakes are cooled place one on a large plate or platter. Place by heaping spoonfuls the filling in the center of the cake then press the top on and then if you want you can smooth out the sides. I did not I wanted it to start to ooze out the sides. YUM












Frosting:

4 T Cocoa
4 T softened butter
2 cups confectionery sugar
1/4 cup + 1 T milk ( the consistency should be just soft enough to spread)

With an electric mixer in a bowl place cocoa and soft butter.  On a slow speed start to mix until cocoa and butter are mixed together well.  Add sugar a little at a time along with milk beating until soft but not a runny consistency.


or you can take a short cut and frost with container of milk chocolate frosting.


Enjoy!!


Happy Baking from my kitchen to yours!


4/8/16copyright2016iliketobakeandcookblog

No comments: