Monday, May 9, 2016

Salad Lovers! Orzo Salad with Vegetables: Most visited







This salad is one of my most requested.  Light and easy to do.  I highly recommend it!

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


M.J.




I RECEIVED A REQUEST FOR SALADS AND HERE 'S  Another ONE !

8 Oz. UNCOOKED ORZO PASTA
1 LB. ASPARAGUS CUT INTO PIECES
1 CUP FROZEN PEAS THAWED
3 OZ. PECORINO ROMANO CHEESE OR PARMESAN GRATED
1/2 TSP. SALT
3 TABLESPOONS FRESH LEMON JUICE
2 TABLESPOONS LIGHT OLIVE OIL
1/2 CUP THINLY SLICED FRESH BASIL

COOK ORZO ACCORDING TO DIRECTIONS..WHEN THERE IS 3 MINUTES LEFT OF COOKING TIME..ADD ASPARAGUS..COOK 1 MINUTE THEN ADD PEAS FOR FINAL 2 MINUTES..DRAIN

COMBINE SALT, LEMON JUICE AND OLIVE OIL; WHISK TOGETHER. TOSS ORZO, ASPARAGUS AND PEAS WITH LEMON JUICE MIXTURE..STIR IN GRATED CHEESE AND BASIL. SERVE WARM OR ROOM TEMPERATURE..

Note:  One of my foodie friends roasted the asparagus and said it was great doing it like that. So you choose roast the asparagus or do as the above suggests.





6/7/12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks... Can't wait to try it!!!!! Sounds delish!!!!!!

eRecipe said...

Hi,

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at erecipe00@gmail.com. We look forward having you in our network!

Best,
Michelle