Sunday, May 8, 2016

Copycat Pink Angel Food Cake (Short Cut)


I continue to find recipes in People Magazine that really catch my eye and I immediately want to try the recipe. So since this recipe was pretty involved making the Angel Food cake I decided to use a simple but good Angel Food Cake mix as a substitute..

1 - Angel Food Cake mix. Prepared according to directions on box
8 drops red food coloring

Using an electric mixer beat according to directions. Place in Angel Food Cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 43 to 45 minutes. Read box directions and follow them. 
 Cool completely and remove from pan.



Strawberries, sliced or chopped
Approximately 2 cups
3 T sugar

Mix and set aside or refrigerate until ready to use

Sweetened sour cream

This is a new taste to me and although it was good I much prefer real whipped cream.
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
3 T powdered sugar
Mix well
Set aside or refrigerate until ready to use

Once cake is completely cooled slice cake with a serrated knife gently as it is very soft and spongy.  Garnish with strawberries and either sweetened sour cream or whipped cream.

Enjoy!



No comments: