Monday, July 20, 2015

Watergate Salad!

I'm always looking for something easy for my readers and today I came across this recipe on the back of a pkg. of mini marshmallows.  Super Bowl Sunday isn't too far away so I made it today for some friends who will be stopping by after we have our usual Friday run for pizza. ****It would be a nice bring along for those who enjoy sweets and why not to a Super Bowl party?

It's sweet and loaded with pineapple (for you pineapple lovers).  I didn't have any pistachio pudding so I substituted vanilla pudding and adding 2 drops of green food coloring to my Cool Whip.  (you could add more color with a few more drops).

I added some shelled pistachios to this as well as some chopped pecans. 

Easy to make!  Enjoy!!





Watergate Salad



1 cup Jet- puffed miniature marshmallows
1 pkg. 4 oz serving size) Jello instant Pistachio flavor instant pudding
1 can (20 ox) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
1/2 chopped pecans
1 1/2 cups thawed Cool Whip topping








Mix marshmallows, dry pudding mix, pineapple and pecans in large bowl until well blended
Add whipped topping; stir gently until well blended. Cover

Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve.

Makes 8 to 10 servings depending on size.

1/13/13

No comments: