Monday, July 27, 2015

Creamy shrimp Scampi


This was a last minute dinner idea so I didn't have a recipe to follow.   I quickly jotted it down for you and I. Enjoy!



I lb. peeled and deveined cooked shrimp
Approximately 2 T. Olive oil
2 T.Butter
About 1/4 cup chopped Fresh parsley
2 large cloves minced garlic 
1 Pint heavy cream 
2 heaping T Marscarpone cheese(if you don't have Mascarpone use cream cheese).
Salt and pepper
I lb pasta cooked (reserve about a cup of pasta water in case you need to wet the pasta a little more.
Heaping T Romano cheese

This was a last minute dinner idea so I didn't have a recipe to follow.   I quickly jotted it down for you and I.





It's hard to see the sauce but there was plenty!


In a large Dutch oven place olive oil and butter, melt, add minced garlic and fresh parsley and saute slowly for one minute. Add heavy cream and continue to cook slowly for a few minutes more or until warmed with a slight bubble.  Add mascarpone cheese and stir until blended. Add shrimp to sauce and cook just until warmed. Take off heat until pasta is ready.

In a separate pot place penne or pasta of choice in rapidly boiling salted water.  Cook according to directions.  Drain not forgetting to save some of the pasta water!!!!! Depending of the type of pasta you may need some.  Pasta dries out quickly so this meal should be served immediately.

Toss drained pasta with above creamy shrimp sauce.  Sprinkle with grated Romano Cheese.  Delicious!




No comments: