Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Christmas Party Wreath

Yummy Appetizer for any party including Football!


We entertained over the weekend and I want to quickly share with you a recipe where I used Pillsbury crescent rolls to make this delightful looking as well as delicious appetizer.




I'm always looking for easy appetizers and this one from Pillsbury was easy and enjoyed.  2014The only thing I would do differently would be to double the sour cream.  I love lots of topping and I think this would definitely help.

Here's their recipe.  I did adapt some things to my liking.  Enjoy!

2- pkg. crescent rolls 1-8oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp. dill weed (I think a package of dried ranch dressing might give it a little more flavor)
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli florets
1 cup finely chopped celery
1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper

Celery leaves to garnish





I added some red and green grapes for garnish


Remove crescent rolls from package. (do not unroll).  Cut each tube into eight slices.  Arrange in an 11 in circle on an ungreased 14 inch pizza pan.

Bake 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.  Note:  do not over bake. Cool for 5 minutes before carefully moving to serving platter; cool completely.


In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder until smooth.  Spread over wreath; top with broccoli, celery and red pepper.  Form a bow garnish with celery leaves.  Enjoy!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful ..a great idea!