Thursday, June 19, 2014

By Request:: My Italian Salad Dressing

Updated recipe.  4/6/2023




Mom made this Italian Salad Dressing and I'm carrying on the tradition.  Grandchildren LOVE it!!




Shake well and toss making sure all is coated with this great basic Italian Salad Dressing.

Blend well to allow seasonings to flavor the oil and vinegar.   Let stand for approx. 15 to 30 minutes before tossing with lettuce..


3/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Wine Vinegar for Balsamic for a slightly sweeter taste
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder or several chopped scallions 
1 tsp. dried Parsley
1/2 tsp. sugar(taste test)
1 tsp.  salt (taste test)
1/2 tsp. pepper
black olives  ( optional)
shredded mozzarella cheese garnish (optional)
****Pecorino Romano cheese garnish is a must in my salad dressing but not necessary.

Mix well and toss with Lettuce Mix of your choice. I usually use the below lettuce combination.

1/2 head iceberg lettuce chopped
1/2 Romaine lettuce chopped 


Black Olives, lots of them :)
***you can substitute Romaine, Iceberg, Bibb, Red or green leaf Lettuce
Some grated Pecorino Romano cheese, Blue cheese or feta crumbles..  Bon Appetite!

6/16/11 original 

2 comments:

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Sounds and looks great. I still not add the sugar, my own preference. Thanks so much.

M. J. Vitelli said...

I had never added sugar and one day watched as my mom added a bit so when I asked her she told me that was her little secret. Have a wonderful blessed day! :)