Sunday, September 11, 2011

Two Lonely Apples and a Piecrust!

I'll be away from my blog for a few weeks so I've been trying to make use of all that is in my refrigerator.  My hubby was looking for some sweets (I guess you can tell by now the guy loves his desserts) so I took the opportunity to make a quick apple tart using the one Pillsbury pie crust and two apples  that had been starring at me in my refrigerator for a week. It took about 45 minutes from start to finish.. Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Prep time: 10 minutes(peeling and dicing).  Happy Baking!!!  See you soon...



-->
2  medium Braeburn or any good baking apple (sliced and diced)
2 tablespoons Minute Tapioca
½ tsp. cinnamon
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon butter
1 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crust (there are two in the package)
 Sprinkle of cinnamon for top


Sweet, slightly tart and flaky...Can't ask for more!


Two Lonely apples and a pie crust



Carefully place apples mixture on crust. . Dab with butter.  Carefully leave at least 1/2 to 1 inch from end...You will need room to seal.


Fold over  pinch and seal.. Prick with fork in a few areas to vent


Baked and cooled .  Ready to serve, plain or with ice cream!



Set oven to 400 degrees… In a medium bowl place diced apples, tapioca, cinnamon and sugar.  Toss to coat...Place pie crust on cutting board or wax paper.  Roll out slightly with roller (make it a bit larger than original size..  About half way on crust place apple mixture, leaving at least ½ inch to 1 inch from end..  Dab with butter.. Bake approx. 20 to 25 minutes..or until slightly browned.  Note:  Why not pay tribute to those who lost their lives on Sept. 11th by baking an apple pie or tart in honor of  them and our great country, America . Happy Baking!


9/11/11 

 
All recipes and their respective images are the sole property of I Like to Bake and Cook2013, all rights reserved. All content herein is meant for your personal enjoyment only and is in no way to be used for commercial purposes. Use of this site automatically constitutes your agreement to these terms.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely apple pie.Yes we can tribute thsoe unfortunate,such a small effort for a great cause

Robin said...

thank you for the tapioca reminder... I made an apple pie recently and it was very juicy. I've used tapioca in other recipes to thicken & I think it will do just the trick! R :)

Robin said...

Thank you for the tapioca reminder! I made an apple pie during the holidays which was very juicy... yummy but juicy :) Tapioca would have been a perfect addition to lushly thicken the apple juices!

M. J. Vitelli said...

Happy to assist. :). I often used a bit of flour to thicken and then it hit me tapicoa would be much better. duh!