Sunday, January 7, 2024

Updating my laundry room






 I got a little sidetracked from baking and cooking and decided to take a gamble doing a project I would never have thought of years ago.

Painting my tile backsplash in our laundry room .


Step one:
Make sure the area has been cleaned well with soap and water or a tile cleaner.  Dry thoroughly.  I allowed mine to dry overnight to make sure.

Step two:

Tape area with masking tape making sure to mask carefully so you won’t allow paint to spread to area you do not want paint to get on.

Three:

With a good quality small sponge roller brush roll all areas.  This process will probably not cover area so once the area is painted allow to dry several hours.

Four:

Cover paint and roller brush with plastic wrap so it won’t dry.  Set aside.

Five:

Paint area making sure to go side  to side ,up and down back and forth to make sure paint gets in all areas especially grout area.

Allow to dry thoroughly making sure area is not sticky to touch.

At this point recheck to see if the whole area as well as grout is covered thoroughly.  IF NOT APPLY THIRD COAT OF PAINT. 

Note:I NEEDED (3) coats.  Allow to dry overnight.

The next day with a clean sponge roller brush apply light coat of polyurethane.  My polyurethane is Decor art liquid water based polyurethane.  Easy clean up.

NOTE**** all my paint was water based so easy clean up.  Make sure you clean brush and sponges thoroughly.  I actually used a new sponge roller for the polyurethane.

I applied (3) light coats of polyurethane making sure to get into grout as well.  Light strokes .  You no not needed to apply heavy coats of polyurethane.

Good luck!  This actually was a fun project.

****For the first time attempt to paint tile backsplash I was pleased with my results.

This was a small project and plenty for me to get a feel of sponge painting.


BEFORE




After


PROJECT COMPLETE!!






No comments: