Saturday, September 16, 2023

Shrimp piccata





Shrimp piccata in a lemon,butter, olive oil and shallot sauce.

IN a large plastic bag I put flour, pinch of salt and a generous amount of thawed cooked peeled and deveined shrimp and tossed well to coat shrimp. Set aside.

I placed the butter and olive oil and a whole sliced shallot in a medium size pan and allowed it to melt and start to simmer.  I  then added my floured shrimp and just allowed the shrimp to sizzle slightly.  ( I turned the shrimp once and after about 3 minutes removed shrimp from pan).

In the same pan (scrape with large wooden spoon) all drippings and I added 1 cup chicken broth and 1/2 cup lemon juice. (I would have used fresh lemons but I didn’t have any).  I then allowed the chicken broth / lemon juice to thicken slightly.  The floured shrimp residue made the sauce thicken slightly.  I added 4 tsp.  rinsed capers a little dried parsley to sauce and added freshly cooked drained penne.   

Note: If you find sauce thickens too quickly add a little more chicken broth.  Salt to taste.  Hubby added Pecorino Romano to his.

Enjoy!






No comments: