Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Warm tuna salad


This is my take on my previous hot chicken salad using canned tuna fish.

I had offered to bring something to a cocktail and appetizer lunch and was asked to bring my hot chicken salad.  Since lent was this week I decided to make a version of my hot chicken salad.

Since I knew this would be easily made and easy to transport ( I used a disposable pan for convenience).

I will bring some Naan bread to serve with it.








2- 5.4 oz.  White albacore tuna packed in water and drained(flake tuna with a fork)
1/2 cup celery
1tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. Lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise 
1/2 tsp. Onion powder 
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 to 3/4 cup crushed cornflakes 
2 T melted butter 

Place top 6 ingredients in a medium bowl.  Mix all until blended.

Place in a lightly greased 8x8” baking dish .

Sprinkle cheese first then crushed cornflakes 

Drizzle butter over cornflakes.

Bake  350° COVERED 15 to 20 minutes and then remove cover and bake an addition 5 to 7 minutes uncovered.



Enjoy!






No comments: