Monday, April 11, 2022

Chicken cacciatore my way!

While browsing my emails I  came across a recipe that looked like something we might enjoy but it was made in a pressure cooker.  Today I decided to make it in a Dutch oven pot my way and hubby and I were pleased with the results.

8 oz. Cut boneless chicken breasts
4 tablespoons Olive oil
I small onion sliced thin 
3 to 4 minced garlic cloves 
I small can chicken broth 
1/2 cup water
20 oz. Jar Marinara sauce 
I tsp. Salt
3/4 tsp. Pepper
1/2 bag thin frozen green beans
1/4 cup kalamatta olives
2 tsp. Capers 
8 to 10 oz. Tri color Pasta or penne

Place cut chicken in Dutch oven on medium heat that you have placed a few tablespoons olive oil.  Add sliced onion , salt, pepper and minced garlic. Sauté until tender and slightly browned.  Add chicken broth, water and marinara sauce.  Cook on low about 20 minutes.  After twenty minutes add frozen green beans and dry pasta.  Cook until pasta is tender approximately 7 to 10 minutes.

Serve immediately with grated parmesan or Romano cheese.
















No comments: