Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Ground pork and stir fry veggies

I had never used ground pork for an Asian recipe.  Today I did and I am so happy I decided to try a recipe with it.

Tender and so tasty!







I lb. lean ground pork 
I onion chopped
I bag frozen oriental vegetables
Olive oil
Salt and red pepper 

Sauté pork in olive oil . Add chopped onion.  Sauté until slightly crispy.  Drain any drippings into a separate pan.  When pork is browned and slightly crispy add oriental vegetables.  Cover and simmer on low heat until veggies are steamed and tender.

Sauce

Pork drippings plus equal parts  water,  soy sauce to your liking and about 1tsp. to 1 tablespoon corn starch. Whisk constantly over low heat until slightly thickened. Toss with pork and veggies.  Serve over rice. Yummy!

***Note:  if your drippings are not brown enough you can add a little gravy master to give it a rich brown color.

Enjoy!




No comments: