Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Pineapple Coconut Brulee Bread Pudding

Broil to get the crispy brown/golden top. Be careful Broil on low a few minutes as in 2....


I don't know if it's winter and being in the house a little more makes me want to bake but ever since I had a  taste or two of this dessert at a restaurant when we were away, I was determined to make one similar.

I checked out the web and found a few recipes that seemed to be on the right track so combining a little from this and a little from that I developed this recipe to share with you.


Hubby and I really like to have a dessert after a meal. Well hubby does and I like to taste it at least by a spoonful or two but this one I had to practically plead (kidding) with him for a few more spoonfuls.

It was made in a ramekin so there was not a whole lot so needless to say I had just enough to crave it from the moment we left the restaurant.

Here's my recipe.  I made it in a bread pan because quite honestly there are only two of us and if I had made more I could not stop eating it and that is NOT a good thing!


1/8/18



4 cups of broken in pieces french bread. It was not super soft
4 T melted butter
1/2  cup coconut
1-8 oz. drained crushed pineapple
4 eggs beaten
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. vanilla (madagascar)extract

2 T Turbinado sugar for topping

Butter generously the bread pan.  In a large bowl place bread pieces,melted butter, drained pineapple and coconut. Toss together. I used my hands

In another large bowl place eggs,sugar, vanilla and heavy cream. Whisk until blended. I did it several times.

Place bread mix into buttered bread pan. Slowly pour cream mixture over bread. With a spoon push gently down on bread so as all bread it pretty much covered with the cream mixture.

Cover with plastic wrap and allow to set on counter for 30 minutes or refrigerate overnight.

Heat oven to 325 degrees

Remove cover and place bread pan in a water bath(a pan larger than your bread pan) filled with warm water.  

 Bake for "approximately" 50 minutes or until the center jiggles slightly. Remove from oven . Sprinkle with Turbinado sugar and broil on low for 2 to 4 minutes..WATCH CAREFULLY SO AS NOT TO BROWN TOO MUCH.  

Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. It needs to set slightly and enjoy. It's awesome...YUMMY!


I had to try it while quite warm so allow it to set for more than ten minutes if you an WAIT...lol



Note: You can certainly make this recipe using whole milk, half and half or a mixture of the two. I used all heavy cream because I wanted a real custard type cream mixture entwined with the bread.
3/24/19 original

No comments: