Friday, December 25, 2020

Prime Rib, A first!


Christmas Eve dinner.  My first attempt with success making Prime rib.  After so many years cooking somehow I was intimidated cooking one. 

 It was delicious!  Merry Christmas!



“ Prime Rib

You may want to try a standing Rib Roast first.   Your choice both delicious... boneless are a little more expensive $$$ but worth it... 

This year Standing rib roast was $5.99 a lb.

My roast was a Standing Rib Roast weighing  approximately 6 lbs.

Instructions:

Take roast out of Refrigerator at least 1-2 before roasting, pat dry, rub with olive oil... season well with kosher salt & cracked pepper.


Place fat side up in roasting pan  on a roasting rack.  I use a meat thermometer to test for desired doneness.. 

Set oven 450 degrees.

Roast for 15 minutes  @450 degrees.

Next:
Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake until desired
doneness( check temp every hour for rare, med etc). 

***My roast took approximately 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. 

NOTE;  we like medium well. Slight pink no red!

Remove Roast , tent with foil to allow meat to rest (at least 20 minutes)... deglaze pan with water, scraping to lift up drippings for gravy !!!  

Mine made wonderful drippings so I just added some water and scrapped the pan well.  I heated drippings a few minutes.

Thanks to my friend Marilyn for her easy recipe.













Merry Christmas!

CHEERS!



FROM MY KITCHEN YO YOURS,



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you very much for this recipe, cause I was afraid to cook one without the proper way to do it. And I've cooked different things for years. We've always bought prime rib out in a nice restaurant but never attempted it myself. Thank you , thank you thank you. Merry Christmas to you and your family

Bev Brzozowski


Anonymous said...

I just saw your comment Bev, I hope you enjoyed the Prime Rib. Merry Christmas 2022