Sunday, September 13, 2020

My Tomato Pie

My tomato pie

I looked at several recipes for tomato pie and combined a few ingredients to make it my way.

Hubby loved it!






CRUST

2 cups Bisquick 
2T cold butter
1/2 cup milk

Place butter and Bisquick in food processor and pulse.
Remove from processor and add milk..

WORK INTO A BALL
AND PRESS into greased 9 inch pie pan.

Slice tomatoes and allow to drain on paper towels.  Place tomatoes directly on unbaked crust.
1 large heirloom or beefsteak tomato sliced medium 


1/2 to 1 cup chopped onions 
1 T Olive oil

Sauté onions in a T olive oil until tender. Allow to cool slightly and spoon onions over tomatoes. 


In a medium size bowl add below ingredients.

I cup mayonnaise 
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
Salt & Pepper
Mix together 

Top tomatoes with above.  Spoon over tomatoes carefully. Top with fresh basil if possible!  I had to use dried basil because I didn’t have any fresh.. Bummer!

Bake 350  for 30 minutes or until it starts to brown on edges.

After the 30 minutes I turned My broiler on high and watched to get a little glow on the cheese.












No comments: