Saturday, July 11, 2020

Easy pork chow mein






I was very lazy today and I had to go out for a while and didn’t know what I’d make for dinner so my easy way when I don’t know what to make for dinner is put the neat in my crockpot and decide later.  This was very good but just as good using a stir fry method.

My version of easy pork chow mein.  I used my crockpot to cook the pork. I seasoned it with salt, pepper and onion powder.  Cooked on low around 4 hours with 1/2 cup water.  You can use chicken or beef broth.

Cooled and shredded it.

I lb pork tenderloin
Salt pepper onion powder.


3 tsp. Oil
diced carrots
Diced Green onion
Diced celery

Cornstarch to thicken
Drained bamboo shoots and any other vegetables of choice. Mushrooms and water chestnuts optional

Instructions:

Later place oil, diced carrots,celery and onions in a large pan and sautéed until tender.  Add shredded pork. I Used drippings from pork and added water to equal 1/2 cup.  Thickened mixture with 2 tablespoons corn starch whisked with enough water to make a soupy thin paste.  Pour into hot mixture stirring constantly.  Add drained bamboo shoots and water chestnuts (optional)while stirring gently.  It will thicken quickly.

Served over hot rice with crunchy chow mein noodles.

Enjoy!

Note;  This recipe can be made quickly with  sliced or chopped pork tenderloin.  Pork stir fries so easily so don’t hesitate to make this recipe using a stir fry method.

 Note: I had carrots, green onions and celery chopped and frozen so not much prep today.  Crockpot saved time (in my opinion) because I wasn’t standing over heat very long.



No comments: