Wednesday, April 29, 2020

No fuss Chocolate Cream Pie

No Fuss, muss or Bother Chocolate Cream Pie


Simple to make and it's really delicious without spending hours in your kitchen this chocolate cream pie has simple ingredients and short cuts to help make a dessert to serve in several hours.

You can use chocolate instant pudding (use half and half to really make it delicious).

 I chose to use Cook and Serve pudding which I easily made in the microwave.


This is real whipped cream but if it is more convenient use thawed Cool Whip.  Dust with a little baking cocoa optional.
I covered the pie with clear wrap and will add whipped cream tomorrow just before serving. I allowed the wrap to touch the pudding so it will stay soft until I am ready to top it with cream.


All that is involved is 

3 cups milk (I used regular whole milk)(use half and half if you really want to step it up.
1 large chocolate cook and serve pudding made according to directions in your microwave for a pie.

1 pre made graham cracker crust or you can use a refrigerated pie crust such as Pillsbury's which you should bake ahead of time and cool.


Today I used a pre made graham cracker crust and placed it in my own pie dish.  It broke of course but was easily pushed together. (not perfect but it worked)


This is a graham cracker crust I opted to take out of aluminum pie shell and piece in my glass pie pan. Tossing over and piecing it was so easy and I am sure it will be fine.  I like presentation in my pan much better than aluminum.  Just me you decide what is best for you.

**1 pint heavy whipping cream or Cool Whip to top pie
5/22/15

8/29/17

No comments: