Friday, March 27, 2020

Meat or cheese Roll ups

Hi everyone and I hope you are having a good day.

Along with posting my recipe for the roll ups I also would like to mention some excellent safe preparation suggestions of our meals and cleaning our utensils .  We must be careful and smart with our food.  It is a part of staying healthy.

During these long days filled with uncertainty you can rely on me and the blog posts I have been sharing with the world since 2011.

Food is one of our ways of communicating.  Hearty healthy family meals and much care go into my food preparation.

Staying healthy is of upmost importance.  Making sure our vegetables and fruits are washed well is a must.

Our knives and cutlery should always be washed in hot water and wiped dry. There is no need to use a dishwasher if you use soap and HOT water.

We all want to stay safe and keeping our kitchen clean is a must.

Enough on that as I know most of you are aware of all the above suggestions but it never hurts to give us all a little reminder now and again.   On to the recipe as promised.

1 box lasagna noodles. Depending on what noodle/pasta I use I either cook them according to directions on box or if they are the noodles/pasta you do not have to cook, I soak them in warm water for ten minutes to allow some flexibility.  

Todays noodles/pasta are (according to box )you need not boil them but since I was making roll ups I soaked them in hot water for over ten minutes.  Personally I rather using the regular lasagna noodles for this recipe but I had these and figured I'd give it a go.



Preferred cooking method for recipe:    use noodles/pasta that you boil according to directions.  

This recipe made approximately 12 rolls.






Meat filling roll ups
1 box lasagna pasta
1/2 lb.or more ravioli meat mixture(check side bar for labels)

1/2 lb. ground beef
1/2 lb. ground pork
2/3 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Italian cheese or more
salt and pepper
1 egg slightly beaten
1/3 cup chopped spinach


Meatless cheese roll ups
1 container ricotta
1 egg yolk
1 tsp. dried or fresh parsley
1/4 cup cooked and drained spinach
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Pasta sauce of choice.(I had my homemade meat sauce so I used it for convenience).

Boil lasagna noodles according to directions.  Drain and slightly rinse. Place a sheet or two of waxed paper on cutting board.  Place lasagna noodle on wax paper and spread filling.  Roll and place in a casserole dish.  I used an 13x9 in baking dish.

Cover with a generous amount of pasta sauce and bake at 350 degrees covered for approximately 30 minutes.  Remove cover and allow to stay in oven another 5 minutes.  Remove from oven and serve.






Meat filled

Cheese spinach filled

Please Stay safe and healthy.


No comments: