Monday, November 25, 2019

Dipped chocolate candy

Here my Aldi recipe.

24 oz. Aldi chocolate almond bark (1.5 lb.)
2  tablespoons Aldi vegetable oil ( I will try Aldi butter next batch)

Aldi snacks such as Raisins, cranberries, peanuts , marshmallows and any other fun snack choice.


In a large microwaveable bowl place butter and chocolate.

Microwave on high in 30 second intervals. Stir and repeat.  Watch carefully.  When you take it out of the microwave keep stirring until you see some starting to melt.  After approximately 3 -30 second intervals remove and stir continuously.  The bowl is probably hot(be careful) so it will still be melting.  You may not need to microwave any longer.  If it isn’t all melted return to microwave and microwave in 20 second intervals until completely melted.

On your counter or cutting board place a large sheet or two of wax paper.

Remove from microwave and place chocolate in 3 smaller bowls or if you want to do all one type of candy you can use the one bowl.  I find that sometimes doing smaller bowls works better for the newer person dipping chocolate so start slowly in smaller portions and adjust recipe.

I like to make clusters so one bowl I put chopped pretzels, one I put mini marshmallows and one I put toasted coconut. It all depends on what you enjoy.  Cran raisins are delicious and peanuts too. Using a teaspoon remove in large teaspoons and place on wax paper.

Allow to cool completely and store in layers (wax paper in between) in refrigerator overnight.

Store in cool area until serving.

If you are giving as gifts I’d buy some festive bags or boxes. I usually keep mine in my refrigerator until I gift them.

 Fun and yummy gifts.

Tie with a ribbon and it’s the perfect sweet tooth gift.














No comments: