Sunday, November 24, 2019

Dot Nougat candy


To all the Aldi store shoppers.  My ingredients are from Aldi.  Dot candy was bought at the Dollar store.  Enjoy!

I decided I could not wait another day after seeing so many recipes for these delightful nougat candy.

They are delicious.  Most recipes called for you to cut the DOT candy in small pieces and then add them.  I did not!  I used full size DOT candy.












Nougat:

2 tbsp Butter
2 bags Mini Marshmallows
2 bags White Chocolate Chips
2 cups Gumdrops ( cut into pieces)

In a large Dutch oven coated pot Melt butter, add white chocolate chips stirring constantly.  When the white chocolate starts to melt,  slowly add marshmallows stirring constantly until smooth.

Mix in gumdrops.  Spread on parchment paper lined 9x13 pan.  Chill overnight in fridge.  Cut into squares.
**can be stored in freezer**







  • Note:  I was experimenting with products and used white chocolate bark instead of white chocolate chips.  They melted nicely with no problem.
  • Also I would use an 8x8 pan next time to make a deeper and thicker nougat size piece.

  • I think you could easily melt the ingredients in the microwave using a microwaveable bowl in 30 second intervals stirring in between intervals.

  • Enjoy!




  • No comments: