Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Crockpot saucy steak

 Crockpot version of my Baked Steak Recipe




Updated Photo: 4/10/23
One has added sprinkle of grated Romano cheese.  The other doesn’t.  Your choice!



I love changing things up a bit and why not try making things a little more convenient. Right?

I have had so many positive responses to my Baked steak recipe that I thought I'd give it a try in my NEW Crockpot.  Yes I bought a new one.  I do have another but it is almost 8 years old and I use it a lot so I wanted to make sure I would be set if it suddenly decided to kick the bucket and died. LOL

I have become a crockpot lover!!!  Busy people need an alternative to oven baking and I'm here to help in any way I can. Honestly a lot of basic recipes are crockpot friendly.  

Enjoy!


10/28/15

Baked version
I also make this in my oven.  Bake at 350 degrees covered for approximately 1 1/2 hours.







1 1/2 lb boneless round steak (mine was tenderized but it doesn't have to be)
1 onion sliced
4 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper

Sauce :

1 can tomato paste
2 cans 15 oz. tomato sauce
1 cup water
2 to 4 cloves minced garlic( depending of your taste)
1 teaspoon onion powder 
3/4 tsp dried basil

In a medium size skillet place olive oil. Add sliced onion, steak, salt and pepper. Brown meat on all sides.






In your crockpot place 1 small can tomato paste and 2 cans tomato sauce.  Place a little water in cans to gather all that is left in the cans.  Add to sauce 1 cup water .  Place browned meat/onions to crockpot and add 2 to 4 cloves minced garlic.  Cook on low approximately 6 to 7 hours.

Happy Baking and Cooking from my kitchen to yours,

 


No comments: