Saturday, October 5, 2019

Brown Butter Cavatelli with toasted garlic and asparagus!


I’ve been checking my recipes that I made before so I’m sharing the best ones again...so good and tasty.



Here's another weeknight dinner courtesy of Woman's Day!  Love that magazine!! Great Summer recipe!

Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours,


5/17/13

1 lb. cavatelli (frozen section of grocery store)
1 lemon
3 T unsalted butter
8 oz. thin asparagus, thinly sliced on a diagonal
2 cloves minced garlic
Kosher salt and pepper
2 T fresh tarragon, chopped (I didn't add it)
Grated Pecorino Romano cheese

Cook cavatelli according to directions. Drain
Using a vegetable peeler remove 2 strips of lemon and thinly slice
Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.  Add the asparagus and garlic, season with a bit of salt and pepper, cook tossing occasionally, until beginning to soften, 2 or 3 minutes.  Increase heat to medium high, add lemon zest and cooking, tossing until butter turns golden brown, about 2 minutes.




Toss asparagus mixture with the cavatelli and tarragon.  Serve with grated cheese.

Note:  Pecorino Romano cheese has the best flavor.  Don't skimp on quality cheese. It makes the dish..

Happy cooking from my kitchen to yours,

M. j.


No comments: