Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Creamy chicken casserole









Tonight’s dinner is for all carb lovers.  It’s Delicious!! And no particular recipe was followed.  I just used what I had available.

I’ll call this casserole Creamy chicken and cheese.  I use the cheese that’s posted in photos.

It really makes this dish so creamy. I recommend this cheese.

Turn oven to 350 degrees while prepping.

My recipe is a guesstimate....

3 cups of homemade chicken broth.  1/2 cup whole milk and 11/2 cups cubed chicken from the broth.  ( soup was made yesterday)

In a medium to large pot on low heat I placed 3 T butter and allowed it to melt.  Then I added 1/2 tsp. Onion powder to butter and 1/2 cup flour stirring continuously to blend.  Note: Don’t worry it will start to clump so immediately add 3 cups chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk while using a wire whisk to blend. Cook on medium heat stirring continuously.

Add 1/2 bag of ***creamy mozzarella cheese to broth/chicken mixture and whisk to incorporate.

Add 1 cup minute rice and stir to mix.

Pour in deep dish casserole .  Top with 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese and bake uncovered approximately twenty minutes in 350 degree oven.

Remove from oven and allow to set for ten minutes before serving. It spoons nicely.

I served with buttered carrots.

Any Green vegetable is a good alternative Or fresh fruit.  None of which I had available.  M.j.


No comments: