Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Ground Beef Stroganoff

I continue to look for different recipes that my family would enjoy and it's not always easy.

My hubby is a pasta and red sauce guy.  He also enjoys steak and hamburgers.   It's not always easy cooking for this guy but after 52 years I am used to it.

I enjoy most foods with  few exceptions (not crazy about fish of any kind) but as long as I cook he will try it and either just eat it and say nothing or give me a few compliments on what he thought of dinner. I love cooking and baking too so I'm in the kitchen a lot and usually by choice.  

Today I felt I needed to make something a little different without red sauce and using beef so hamburger(hubby's favorite) was my meat of choice and this recipe is for Hamburger Beef Stroganoff .  Enjoy!



Please note:  I adapted this recipe to eliminate mushrooms which we both do not care for.











2 tsp. butter
1
package (8 oz) sliced baby portabella mushrooms
1
cup chopped or grated onions 
2
cloves garlic, minced
1
lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef 
1 1/2
cups beef broth (from 32-oz carton)
1
tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
3/4
teaspoon salt
1/4
teaspoon pepper
1/4
cup  all-purpose flour
1
cup sour cream 
6
cups cooked egg noodles
Chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired

  • 1
    In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic in butter 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from skillet to small bowl; set aside.
  • 2
    Increase heat to medium-high. In same skillet, cook beef 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until no longer pink; drain. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth, the Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper; heat to boiling. Beat flour and remaining 1/2 cup beef broth with whisk until incorporated; stir into beef mixture. Add mushroom mixture; return to boiling, and stir constantly about 1 minute or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
  • 3
    Serve with cooked egg noodles. Garnish with parsley.










No comments: