Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Barbeque Meatloaf

When I was working, a friend of mine, Andrea, shared this recipe with me and my family enjoyed it so today I'd like to share it with you.  Sweet and moist and easily served with a side of mashed potatoes or what you choose.  No fuss , add a salad or corn on the cob.  I like to  put a little of the sweet sauce on the potatoes. A nice change from your basic meatloaf recipe and leftovers make a great cold sandwich..The only tweak I do to this recipe is that I use beef and pork..whereas she used all beef.  Hope you try it!

3/16/14





1 1/2 lb. ground beef( I made it today with  ground beef and pork).
1  medium onion, diced (I grate my onion)
1 egg slightly beaten
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 cup bread crumbs
2 (8 oz. cans) tomato sauce
1 tablespoon Worchestersire sauce
3 tablespoons vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/2 cup water


Mix, ground meat, onion, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper and 1/2 can tomato sauce..Form into a loaf..Spray an  oven proof pan with Pam. Place meatloaf in pan.. Whisk the remaining tomato sauce, vinegar, dijon mustard ,brown sugar, Worchestersire sauce and 1/2 cup water.  Pour sauce over meatloaf.   Bake uncovered approx. 1 to 1/2 hours at 350 degrees..Baste meatloaf every so often with the sauce.

 Baste with sauce every so often.




7/31/11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a nice twist on a good old meatloaf:)