Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Pork tenderloin with Fresh Tomatoes, Onion and Garlic, and feta

I had a very nice lunch today with hubby and daughter.  We seldom get to have lunch very often in the quiet of our home with our special gal.  She is so busy with the kiddo's there seems to be time to get together for some conversation . 

 Today worked out well so I decided to make something I knew her and her Dad would like.  We all love pork and especially pork tenderloin.  I have lots of recipes and usually have no trouble just putting something together but today I checked out allrecipes.com and found this one.  I adapted it a bit to my liking and it was delish!

  Happy Cooking from my kitchen to yours!

1/10/12





 1 lb. pork tenderloin(their recipe called for 4 pork chops)
1 large onion sliced thin
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1/2 pint red grape tomatoes
1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes (I used 3 Roma tomatoes seeded and cut in pieces)
3 cloves garlic, diced
1 tablespoon dried basil
2 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
4 ounces Feta cheese crumbled

Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium heat. Stir in onion and cook until golden brown.  Set aside

Heat 1/2 tablespoon oil in skillet.  Season pork with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and place in skillet
Cook until done.  Do not overcook.  Set aside.

Heat remaining oil in skillet.  Return onions to skillet and stir in tomatoes, garlic and basil.  Cook and stir until tomatoes are tender.  Mix in balsamic vinegar and season with salt and pepper.  Top pork with onions and tomato mixture and sprinkle with feta to serve.. Enjoy!! 

No comments: